A history of commitment and generosity!
Founded in June 1972 by some very determined people, the Little Green Library has continued to develop over the years thanks to the volunteer work of many people and the generosity of the population and municipalities. The Library is a private, non-profit organization, supported exclusively by a team of volunteers. Since 2006, it has been located, free of charge, in premises belonging to the City of Huntingdon.
- To provide the community of the Haut-Saint Laurent bilingual access to culture, information, knowledge and learning in a warm and welcoming environment.
- To promote books and reading in all its form and supports while enhancing the desire and pleasure of reading.
- To contribute to the cultural and social development of the community and to maintain its quality of life.
The Library does not receive any government subsidies. Its operating budget comes from:
- The sale of membership cards, and the sale of used books.
- Fund-raising activities
- Donations from various sources.