Re-opening of The Little Green Library
Good news! The Little Green Library is open again, and you can finally browse through the stacks and pick out the books you want!
For now, we are open only on:
|10 a.m. to noon||10 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|3 to 8 p.m.||-|
Of course there are certain restrictions for everyone's protection:
1. Do not come in if you are sick or have a fever;
2. Wearing a mask is MANDATORY;
3. Hands disinfection on entering is MANDATORY;
A hand sanitizer station is installed at the entrance
4. Respect a distance of 2 metres from other members and the volunteers;
5. Members can go to the shelves to choose their books, but sitting down to read in the library is forbidden;
6. The book boutique is open, but for only one person at a time;
7. Ideally, children should not accompany their parents to the library; however, if your children do come with you, they MUST wear a mask and disinfect their hands. Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times;
8. For the moment, the computers are still off limits;
9. If you use the washroom, please tell us so that we can disinfect it afterwards;
10. Please remember to return your books via the book chute to the right of the door. We quarantine returned books for 72 hours before checking them in again.
And don’t forget to wear a mask.
Have a nice summer and happy reading!
The Little Green Library’s team of directors and volunteers
Re-opening of The Little Green Library
Following guidelines, we are in the slow process of re-opening the library. Starting on June 2, we will be open every Tuesday from 3 to 6 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
As a library member you can still order books online from our website, www.pbv-lgl.org. You can also phone us (450-264-4872) and leave a message. However – NEW! You can now come in and ask the librarian for your books, although you still cannot walk around the shelves, or use any of our other services. Our volunteers will go to find the books requested.
Books must be returned only through the book chute, where they will be collected, sanitized, and quarantined for 48 hours. Members whose books are late are asked to return them as soon as possible. No fines will be imposed at the moment.
If you would like to become a member of the library, you can register in person or ask for a form by telephone or email. The annual membership card is free for residents of the municipalities of Huntingdon, Dundee, Hinchinbrooke and Franklin. For residents of other municipalities the cost is $20 for a single or family membership and $5 for children who are 15 years of age or less.
We recommend that members wear masks, and request that you do not bring small children to the library, for the time being. There will be hand sanitizer inside the door for members to use on entering, and we will be installing a plexiglass screen. And, of course, we must all keep 2 metres apart.
New Take out service
The library is starting to come back to life, under Covid-19 restrictions. You cannot come into the library yet, but you can reserve books on-line or by telephone, before 1 p.m.Monday, and pick them up the following Tuesday or Saturday in front of the library, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. If your membership runs out, we will prolong it for now.
Books can be returned only through the book chute, to the right of the front door. No fines will be levied for books returned late.
Returned books will be disinfected and quarantined by our staff.
How to reserve books:
- Log on to www.pbv-lgl.org
- If the page comes up in French and you want English, click on the Canadian flag at the top.
- Click on online catalogue.
- Select Sign in at the top of the page. Your user name is the long number under the barcode on your library card. It begins with 21972... Your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- -Select sign in again.
- In the Search box, enter the book you want (title, or author, or subject).
- Click on the book you want
- click on reserve
Volunteers will be at the library on Monday from 10 to 12, and on Tuesday and Saturday from 10 to 1. You can reach us at those times: 450-264-4872, or you can leave a message any time.
The Little Green Library currently has some 100 e-books in its collection, most of which are in French.
Until now, these books have rarely been borrowed, although they can be downloaded easily with the following conditions:
- Be a member of the library with a valid membership card;
- Have access to the Internet;
- Have an Adobe identification (Adobe ID);
- Install and authorize (with your Adobe ID) Aldiko Book Reader on your tablet or reader or Adobe Digital Editions on your computer;
- Use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 9 or a more recent version as navigator.
Returning borrowed books
A book chute is available at the library's main entrance where you can return your borrowed books. Do not hesitate to use it; it is accessible at any time. (No late fines will be applied during the shutdown)!
Recruitment of volunteers
As previously mentioned, the management and operation of The Little Green Library is taken care of solely by persons who volunteer to offer their time.
It is essential for our organization that we recruit new volunteers to maintain and even develop our service offer.
Our volunteers who are most often seen are those who work at the loan counter, but there are also people who work at purchasing, cataloguing and classifying the books, not to mention organizing fund raising activities, art exhibits, promoting our activities, delivering books to day-care centres and seniors' residences, etc.
Naturally, at the moment, training new volunteers has temporarily been suspended, but the needs are real, so don't hesitate to join our team!
For further information, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PetiteBibliothequeVerteLittleGreenLibrary