Letter to the members
As of October 16, the entire Montérégie region is now a red zone which involves tightening up all our health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
This means that free access to the Little Green Library will no longer be possible until further notice.
Our team of volunteers can nevertheless maintain the book loan service on a "take-out" basis.
There are 3 ways in which you can use this service:
- Go to our website www.pbv-lgl.com and select the books you want from our on-line catalogue.
Reserve them using your membership number (the number on your library card) and your password (the last 4 digits of your telephone number recorded in your membership file).
indicating the books you wish to borrow.
- Telephone 450-264-4872 and tell us your list of books.
Book pick-up hours are limited to Tuesdays and Saturdays between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
We will try to respond to your requests and bring the books you have ordered to the main entrance. Ring the bell when you arrive and we will come to meet you.
Returning book loans
All books being returned must be placed in the book chute located to the right of the main entrance.
The books are all placed in quarantine for 48 hours before they are available to be loaned again.
And remember the advantages of reading during this time of isolation:
- You can read any time, even several times a day, for a short or longer period;
- You can read alone or with the family (with family members living at the same address - COVID obliges!);
- Reading is unconditionally free from disturbance by the weather: we can read whether it is fine and sunny or dark and raining;
- Just as your live friends in the flesh, characters in a good book can be charming, hilarious, mysterious, positive, original, serious, energetic, adorable, even a little crazy!
- It allows you to relax, travel, distract yourself, escape, cultivate your spirit and increase your knowledge;
- It is multi-dimensional: we can read standing, lying down, sitting in the living room or on a balcony, drinking a latté or lying in a bath...;
- But, most of all, talking about a good (or a bad!) book you have read is a wonderful way for us all to carry on a lively conversation without mentioning the word "COVID"!
The team of volunteers at The Little Green Library
The Little Green Library currently has some 100 e-books in its collection, most of which are in French.
Until now, these books have rarely been borrowed, although they can be downloaded easily with the following conditions:
- Be a member of the library with a valid membership card;
- Have access to the Internet;
- Have an Adobe identification (Adobe ID);
- Install and authorize (with your Adobe ID) Aldiko Book Reader on your tablet or reader or Adobe Digital Editions on your computer;
- Use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 9 or a more recent version as navigator.
Returning borrowed books
A book chute is available at the library's main entrance where you can return your borrowed books. Do not hesitate to use it; it is accessible at any time. (No late fines will be applied during the shutdown)!
Recruitment of volunteers
As previously mentioned, the management and operation of The Little Green Library is taken care of solely by persons who volunteer to offer their time.
It is essential for our organization that we recruit new volunteers to maintain and even develop our service offer.
Our volunteers who are most often seen are those who work at the loan counter, but there are also people who work at purchasing, cataloguing and classifying the books, not to mention organizing fund raising activities, art exhibits, promoting our activities, delivering books to day-care centres and seniors' residences, etc.
Naturally, at the moment, training new volunteers has temporarily been suspended, but the needs are real, so don't hesitate to join our team!
For further information, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PetiteBibliothequeVerteLittleGreenLibrary