Re-opening of The Little Green Library
Good news! The Little Green Library is open again, and you can finally browse through the stacks and pick out the books you want!
For now, we are open only on:
|10 a.m. 1 p.m.
||10 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|3 to 8 p.m.||-|
Of course there are certain restrictions for everyone's protection:
1. Do not come in if you are sick or have a fever;
2. Wearing a mask is MANDATORY;
3. Hands disinfection on entering is MANDATORY;
A hand sanitizer station is installed at the entrance
4. Respect a distance of 2 metres from other members and the volunteers;
5. Members can go to the shelves to choose their books, but sitting down to read in the library is forbidden;
6. The book boutique is open, but for only one person at a time;
7. Ideally, children should not accompany their parents to the library; however, if your children do come with you, they MUST wear a mask and disinfect their hands. Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times;
8. For the moment, the computers are still off limits;
9. If you use the washroom, please tell us so that we can disinfect it afterwards;
10. Please remember to return your books via the book chute to the right of the door. We quarantine returned books for 72 hours before checking them in again.
And don’t forget to wear a mask.
Have a nice summer and happy reading!
The Little Green Library’s team of directors and volunteers
You can reserve books on-line at https://16821.rmwebopac.com/ or by telephone (450-264-4872). You will be notified by phone or email when your reservation(s) will be ready to be picked up.
You can CLICK HERE to download a pdf guide on accessing our collection online.
Books can be returned only through the book chute, to the right of the outer front door. No fines will be levied for books returned late.
Returned books will be disinfected and quarantined by our staff.
The Little Green Library currently has some 100 e-books in its collection, most of which are in French.
Until now, these books have rarely been borrowed, although they can be downloaded easily with the following conditions:
- Be a member of the library with a valid membership card;
- Have access to the Internet;
- Have an Adobe identification (Adobe ID);
- Install and authorize (with your Adobe ID) Aldiko Book Reader on your tablet or reader or Adobe Digital Editions on your computer;
- Use Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 9 or a more recent version as navigator.
Returning borrowed books
A book chute is available at the library's main entrance where you can return your borrowed books. Do not hesitate to use it; it is accessible at any time. (No late fines will be applied during the shutdown)!
Recruitment of volunteers
As previously mentioned, the management and operation of The Little Green Library is taken care of solely by persons who volunteer to offer their time.
It is essential for our organization that we recruit new volunteers to maintain and even develop our service offer.
Our volunteers who are most often seen are those who work at the loan counter, but there are also people who work at purchasing, cataloguing and classifying the books, not to mention organizing fund raising activities, art exhibits, promoting our activities, delivering books to day-care centres and seniors' residences, etc.
Naturally, at the moment, training new volunteers has temporarily been suspended, but the needs are real, so don't hesitate to join our team!
For further information, please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PetiteBibliothequeVerteLittleGreenLibrary